Viewing comments in MS Word 2000

Hi,
I am creating a document, and then inserting comments into it.
If I was to view the created document in MS Word XP, it looks and 'print preview’s fine.
However, when the same document was viewed with Word 2000 SP3, there is the ‘[nn]’ text place holder (with yellow background). Unfortunately, if the comment is deleted from Word, the text ‘[nn]’ remains as it is real text. (see attachment for an example).
Also, regarding comments, how do we specifiy the user and date/time associated with comment? Currently, if you hover over the comment it displays ‘: Commented’, which doesn’t look great :slight_smile:
Cheers,
TheFurbster

Hi
Thanks for your request. It seems that it is problem of MS Office 2000. I have tried to insert comment into document using MS Office 2003 and then opened using Office 2000. Comment looks like [nn] and it doesn’t disappear when I use Print preview. Same situation occurs if I insert comment using MS Office 2000.
Best regards.

Thanks for your reply.
I think that my problem is not so much that ‘[nn]’ is displayed, but that if you delete the comment (rather than the ‘[nn]’), the ‘[nn]’ is still in the document.
This seems to be different to the behaviour of a comment created and then deleted in Word directly.
Cheers,
Steve
(PS, any joy with an answer regarding the comment label question?)

Hi
When I remove comment document looks fine on my side. I have tried to remove comments programmatically and in MSWord.

NodeCollection comments = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Comment, true);
foreach (Comment cm in comments)
{
    doc.ChildNodes.Remove(cm);
}

Best regards.

OK, cool. The user who reported the problem has now backed down :slight_smile:
The other question is whether or not a comment can be applied to a word within a paragraph, or whether it has to associated with the whole paragraph?
Cheers,
Steve

Hi
The comment can’t be applied to a word within a paragraph.
Best regards.