Visio to PDF does not work well

We are currently evaluating your product for converting office documents to PDF files so we can store them in a read only web-viewable format. Word, Excel, PPT all seem to work fine, but when we tried VSD using your Aspose.Diagram dll, quite a bit of the original document (including text and lines) do not show up.

I am including a zip file with our test document, the pdf result, and the source code we are using. Our initial "document" is a base-64 string that we store in the database. We have tested this document with the standard MS Interop libraries and it works fine, but your dlls seem to lose information.

Any thoughts?

This message was posted using Page2Forum (attachment) from OutputFormat Members - Aspose.Diagram for .NET

Hi Tim,

You are using Aspose.Diagram for .NET in evaluation mode and several shapes are missing because of evaluation limitations. I tried to convert your sample with the licensed copy of the product and found two problems i.e. a couple of connectors are missing and the text of one shape is not aligned properly as you can see in the attached output PDF.

This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-32616.We are continuously improving PDF rendering feature and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

OK, I downloaded the latest version of .Net.Total with a temportary license instead of the evaluation that i had previously. I see better results, but still not stellar. Our app is capable of using either PDF or XPS for the final format, so I tried both with the same results. The dll that we got today is dated 12/23/2011 so I am pretty sure it is very current.

I am attaching a zip file with the original vsd and the converted xps as well as the code snippet that we use for conversion.

Any thoughts, or do we have to just not accept Visio files?

Thanks.

Hi Tim,

As shared earlier, this issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as a bug. We will update you as soon as the issue is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-32616) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.