We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

VLOOKUP - table reference sheet name with spaces

Hi,

I have entered the following formula in I4,
VLOOKUP(F4,‘hhj ‘’’’’’’’’‘jyhuuh’’’’’’’’’’’‘6757769’!$C$4:$D$8,2,FALSE)

While getting the formula using cell.getFormula(), I get the following result,
VLOOKUP(F4,'[hhj '''jyhuuh'''6757769]hhj ''''''jyhuuh''''''6757769'!$C$4:$D$8,2,FALSE)

I can see that the sheet name is present within box brackets. Can you explain the reason?
Spreadsheet is attached. (Aspose Cells Java 8.4.0)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bee,

Thank you for sharing the sample spreadsheet.

I have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.7.0.2, and I have received a bit different result than yours. I can see that the Worksheet name in the formula is enclosed in square brackets, moreover, there is file path location to the spreadsheet in the formula.

Java

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inFilePath);
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(“Sheet2”);
System.out.println(worksheet.getCells().get(“I4”).getFormula());

Expected:
=VLOOKUP(F4,‘hhj ‘’’’’’’’’‘jyhuuh’’’’’’’’’’’‘6757769’!$C$4:$D$8,2,FALSE)

Actual:
=VLOOKUP(F4,‘D:\Babar Raza\Downloads[hhj ‘’‘jyhuuh’’‘6757769]hhj ‘’’’’‘jyhuuh’’’’’‘6757769’!$C$4:$D$8,2,FALSE)

In order to find out the reason for this behaviour, I have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSJAVA-41733. You have to spare us little time to properly analyze the case and get back with updates in this regard.

Hi,

This is to update you that we have resolved the problem logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-41733”. We will soon provide the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41733) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.