Warm up time too slow - PPTX chart

Hi,

I am using Aspose Slides for Java 16.9.0. (On temporary license now)

Tomcat 8.0.32
Java 1.8.0_102
RHE Linux 6.7

I use Aspose Slides in the web application to generate PPTX files (roughly 50KB, with charts). When the app is deployed, the first request to generate a PPTX file takes about over 10 mins. This is quite peculiar as it works fine when running locally on a tomcat on a windows 7 box.

I have generated thread dumps every 2 mins and have attached here.

Is there a way I can enable logging to identify what is taking so much time on the Linux server? Or is this expected behavior? Or is it verifying license over internet and I need to open port on the server?

Thanks
Giri

Is there any update on this? We have a deadline to complete UAT.

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments. I request you to please use Aspose.Slides latest version on your end. If there is still an issue please share feedback with us.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I upgraded to 16.11.0 and the problem still persists. From the thread dumps I provided to you earlier, do you think it is due to the Tomcat instrumentation? I.e. seems like the instrumentation is trying to locate annotations in the in Aspose jar (which is 36MB) and takes a long time.

The application we run is a Spring boot application and requires load time weaving/ instrumentation enabled to work.

Thanks
Giri

Hi Giri,

I have observed your comments. Can uou please try to add some trace code into your application and exactly determine where the issue is. Please add trace methods and measure timestamp when request is received and when PPTX is generated. I dont think this is issue with license verifying. Maybe it is something in your environment.

<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”, Consolas, Courier, monospace; font-size: small; white-space: pre;”>Trace(DateTime.Now);

//just create empty presentation

using(Presentaion pres = new Presentaion)

{

}

Trace(DateTime.Now);

Best Regards,

I have resolved this issue. As mentioned in my earlier post it was Tomcat instrumentation (load time weaving) that was blocking the Aspose thread until the jar was weaved.

The solution was to exclude the Aspose classes from being weaved (META-INF/aop.xml)

<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”;”><aspectj>
<weaver options="-verbose">
<exclude within=“com.aspose…*”/>
</weaver>
</aspectj><pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”;”>
<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”;”>

Hi Giri,

That is good that you have solved your issue on your own.

Best Regards,