Watermarking in java

Hi Techies,

I am trying for watermarking through java, i tried by other apis but didnt get the luck…
is it possible though Aspose API, actually requiremnets are little different…
1. I want to watermark image behind the text
2. that watermarked image should not be selectable means that image should not be copyable, i tried with other APIs but could not able to acheive this goal, basically if we watermark any image , that image just comes in background, on single click that image gets highlighted and after that user is able to copy that image. But i do not want to make user copy that image.

I wanted to know one thing that can we maintain layers in PDF file…

Please help,
Thanks and regards,
Mahendra

Hi,

I think you may use the MS Excel’s applying background feature for your needs, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Set+Background+Picture+for+a+Worksheet

Thank you.

Sorry, I havent cleared it that i want to do this for pdf file…

thanks for your quick reply…

thanks and regards,
Mahendra

Hi, please suggest solution, or please provide reference link…

thanks in advance…
Mahendra

Hi,

Well, when you set the background image for the sheets in MS Excel, this will not be printed/rendered as per the print preview of MS Excel, hence when you take the print out or render to PDF (either by Aspose.Cells or by MS Excel), you won’t get the background anymore, you may confirm this behavior by yourself manually in MS Excel. In short there is no such feature in MS Excel for PDF or image output rendering where your background image is visible behind your cell data. As long as you use Excel, the background image would be seen (in MS Excel) but when you take the print out or render image or render to PDF, the background won’t be retained as MS Excel’s print preview don’t show the background image at all.

Now you may either insert the picture by Aspose.Cells or by using MS Excel (but your data won’t be visible in front of the image or you may add word art and set its transparency accordingly but you can only set text as watermarked here, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Add+WordArt+Watermark+to+Worksheet

Thank you.