We need to update the table of contents. When will this functionality be available?

Does Aspose.Words now support table of contents (TOC).

Hi

Thanks for your request. The current version of Aspose.Words does not support updating TOC fields. We are still working on Fields Calculation Engine, which will allow updating all fields. Updating TOC fields will be supported in a one of the next releases. Please see the following link to learn more

Best regards,

My boss is really interested in this feature, could you keep me informed on the progress, he would like:

How serious they are about having the TOC available in Jan 2010. We have business that depends on this and the stakes are high.

I went to the page you indicated and its a good summary is there someone I could be in contact with that knows more specifics?

Hi

Thanks for your request. This feature is scheduled on the end of January – beginning of February 2010. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

Best regards.

Dear Alexey,

Is there someone who can communicate directly with me about availability of the TOC feature.

We need the feature NOW for a client, we like Aspose and want to stay, but if it is not available we will need to buy somewhere else, something we don’t want to do.

Is there someone who can communicate directly with me about availability of the TOC feature.

We need the feature NOW for a client, we like Aspose and want to stay, but if it is not available we will need to buy somewhere else, something we don’t want to do.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your request. This feature is scheduled on the next version of Aspose.Words, which will be available in 2-3 weeks. We are working on it right at the moment.

Best regards.

Hello,

Will this feature be also available at that time for Aspose.Words for Java? We really need this feature.

Thank you

Hello

Thanks for your request. Currently we are working on synchronizing Java and .NET versions of Aspose.Words. Once we finish this work all functionality which is supported in, NET version will be supported in Java version, including this feature. Hopefully, this feature will be available in Aspose.Words for Java somewhere in May. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Best regards,

How is the TOC feature progressing, is it available now?

Hello

Thanks for your request. Update TOC feature is already available in the intermediate build 8.2.2. The production build will be available during this week.

The intermediate build you can download here:

Best regards,

The updated TOC sets up the hyperlinks correctly, but all of the page numbers show up as ?? for me. I am running the following code on 8.2.2:

report = new Aspose.Words.Document(“C:\TestTOC.doc”);
report.UpdateFields();
report.Save(“C:\TestTOC2.doc”);

The attached files are the source and result of this code.

Hi

Thanks for your request. When you call the Document.UpdateFields method, Aspose.Words updates (entirely rebuilds) the TOC field, but does not insert page numbers into the TOC field yet. Aspose.Words calculates correct page numbers and inserts into the TOC when the document layout is built e.g. when you save to PDF or print. So to update page numbers in TOC, you should call Document.UpdatePageLayout or just save document in PDF or XPS.

Document doc = new Document("TestTOC.doc");
doc.UpdateFields();
doc.UpdatePageLayout();
doc.Save("out.doc");

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10380) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(38)