We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Web Solution

Is it possible to merge an existing document I have to web solution on Visual Basic 2010 so I can change them online?

Hi
Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can manipulate multiple documents within latest Aspose.Words.

You can combine Word documents as following:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/aspose.words.document.appenddocument.html

For appropriate resolution, please share more details or scenario.

The file im looking to merge is a .MRG wil this make any difference?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, there is no way to merge .MRG file but you can fetch data tables from database to combine.

Note:
You need to have template for MailMerge.

Ok thanks I have converted it to a .doc file and could you tell me what im doing wrong with this code. Im new to aspose and not really sure how it works. I’ve inserted the code below and ‘Response’ highlights Red can you please help me?

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Aspose.Words;

namespace MailMerge1
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
// Open an existing document.
Document doc = new Document(“C:\Documents and Settings\chris.faulkner\My Documents\MDT00295.doc”);

// Fill the fields in the document with user data.
doc.MailMerge.Execute(
new string[] { “FullName”, “Company”, “Address”, “Address2”, “City” },
new object[] { “James Bond”, “MI5 Headquarters”, “Milbank”, “”, “London” });

// Send the document in Word format to the client browser with an option to save to disk or open inside the current browser.
doc.Save(Response, “C:\Documents and Settings\chris.faulkner\My Documents\TestFile Out.doc”, ContentDisposition.Inline, null);

}
}
}

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your details. Please follow up the thread below where you can get help to send the Word document to client browser.
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/356367/aspose.words-demo/showthread.aspx#356367

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know.