WebGrid: Edit cell on MouseClick in IE11

Hello,

we have two issues when editing a cell in WebGrid.

1. When I click once on a cell, the cell will not change to edit mode except I click a second time on it (or doubleclick). This issue has been observed using IE11.

2. When I doubleclick on a cell and then press the tabulator-Key on the keyboard, the whole WebGrid control loses focus rather than jumping to the next cell. This issue has also been observed using IE11.

How can we fix these issues?

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest revision of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for .NET 8.7.1 and we are able to replicate only one problem, that is; from point 2) of your post. We have logged this scenario as CELLSNET-44282 for further investigation. Regarding point 1) could you please provide us an executable sample application along with its dependencies so we could give it another try on our side.

Hi Babar,

when I try to run my simple sample on IE11 I get a messagebox saying “unknown browser” and nothng is working at all. Forcing IE9 compatibility mode resolves this issue but this is no option for our application!

Here is my sample:

<%@ Page Language=“C#” AutoEventWireup=“true” CodeBehind=“WebForm1.aspx.cs” Inherits=“Aspose.Cells.Demos.WebForm1” %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix=“acw” Namespace=“Aspose.Cells.GridWeb” Assembly=“Aspose.Cells.GridWeb” %>

<acw:GridWeb ShowContextMenu=“false” EnableAJAX=“false” ShowCellEditBox=“false” ShowBottomBar=“false”
ShowTabBar=“false” ShowLoadingPosition=“false” EnableViewState=“false” ViewStateMode=“enabled”
ShowUndoButton=“false” ShowSubmitButton=“false” ShowSaveButton=“false” ShowTabNavigation=“false”
ID=“xlsEdit2” runat=“server” HeaderBarWidth=“100pt” EnableClientResizeColumnRow=“false”
Height=“99%” Width=“99%”>
</acw:GridWeb>

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for writing back.

I have evaluated your recently shared scenario while using the latest revision of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb 8.7.1.3 (attached) and I am not able to replicate the issue on IE 11. Could you please give this version a try on your side as well? Please do not forget to use the latest JS files and clear the cache of IE 11 before performing any tests.

Hi Babar,

thank you for the latest GridWeb version. With this version the single mouseclick sets the cell in edit mode in IE11. But when I the press the tabulator key, the control loses focus rather than jumping to the next cell. :confused:

You should update your GridWeb-Demo, so that it is usable with IE11.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

bkrack:

thank you for the latest GridWeb version. With this version the single mouseclick sets the cell in edit mode in IE11. But when I the press the tabulator key, the control loses focus rather than jumping to the next cell. :/

Thank you for the confirmation on the issue with single mouse click. Regarding the issue related to double mouse click, we have already logged this problem in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44282, and the aforementioned ticket is attached to this thread for notifications.

bkrack:

You should update your GridWeb-Demo, so that it is usable with IE11.

Thank you for pointing this out. We will discuss this matter internally and schedule the task to update the Aspose.Cels.GridWeb for .NET demos to use latest revision of the component.

Hi again,

Please find the attachment for the updated acwmain.js in an archive. It should fix the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44282 (Doubleclick on a cell causes the GridWeb to lose focus). I have tested the scenario on IE 11 by updating the JavaScript file in the existing project which initially allowed me to replicate the issue.

Note: Please do not forget to clear the browser cache before performing any tests.

Hi Babar,

although I replaced the acwmain.js and cleared the browser cache the behavior with the tab key remains the same. When I press the tabulator key the control loses focus.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for your feedback. Please note, I have tested the fix using a sample project of my own before providing it to you. If you are still facing the said problem, I strongly suggest you to create a zip archive of your complete project (including all dependencies) and share it here for further investigation.

By the way, please check the snapshot showing two options that you may use to load the updated JavaScript file in IE 11.

I added a sample project to this post and I assured using the new js File by adding an alert to the monclick function (removed in the posted sample). The alert prompt was shown but the tabulator problem still exists. :wink:

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi Brigit,

Thank you for the sample application. Please allow me some time to perform tests on this application and get back with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

I have been able to observe an inconsistent behaviour of tab key on GridWeb interface. Please note, when the tab key is pressed for the first time, the next cell in the row gets selected. However, pressing the tab key again causes the GridWeb to lose focus and tab seems to navigate between the controls of the IE 11 until GridWeb gets in focus again. This was hard to explain so I have created a small video. Please check the attached archive for the WMV file and confirm that you are experiencing the same behaviour on your side.

Hi Babar,

I experienced the same behaviour on my side.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi again,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44297 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by the product team. Please spare us little time for thorough analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.7.1.4 (attached)

We have fixed your logged issue “CELLSNET-44297” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hello everybody,

with the latest version it is working like a charm.

Thanks,
Birgit

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue “CELLSNET-44297” is sorted out by the fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44297;CELLSNET-44282) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.