Weblogic server crash - Using aspose 2.5.5

After deployment, while we generate a particular report the JVM crashes with the below mentioned log excerpts :

Problematic frame:

J com.aspose.cells.e.equals(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

Here we are using aspose 2.5.5v and in the template we are using formulas directly like

=J6-I2 where J6 and I2 are referring to cell data descriptors. i.e. &db fields.

Have attached the excel template and server crash report.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and error log document.

I think you are using v2.5.4 as we did not publish Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.5. Well, we have checked your issue a bit. I am afraid we cannot solve it with older versions. It looks like your issue is due to something to do with cell styles. I am afraid we are not in a position to solve it or give workaround in the older version for you. We can only recommend you to kindly upgrade to latest version of the product (e.g Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0) which should fix any such issue. Also, if you still find any issue with latest version of the product, we are bound and try to fix your issue in the latest APIs. We know it would be really hard to upgrade to latest versions or APIs set, but we recommend you to do it as the latest versions are more robust, stable and feature rich APIs set, see the document that will help you to migrate from older versions to new versions here:

Thank you.

Hello Amjad -

Thank you for reply!! We are now upgrading Aspose to 8.5 version.

Upgrade is in progress. It is time taking as we need to uplift entire application, meanwhile it would be very grateful if we know or any clue which Cell or which section defined in template named manager is causing the issue?

Probably can avoid JVM crash if found out the cause for issue. Let us know if required for more details.

Regards,
Anooja.

Hi,

I am afraid as we told you earlier there is no workaround for the issue in the older version but to upgrade to latest version of the product (e.g Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.0) which should fix any such issue.

Anyways, we will further check and if we could find the cause or any other workaround, then we will get back to you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We cannot know which data caused this issue with only the error message you provided. At least we need the application to re-produce the issue to trace the issue further. And even though we can reproduce the issue, it is hard or even impossible commonly to provide a solution without upgradation to new versions of cells component.