WebP Image Loads with incorrect color (profile? ... slight differences)

Control.zip (145.1 KB)

The attached zip contains a webp image which when loaded with Aspose.Imaging for .NET always has a slight color difference from the original image.

control.jpeg (18.4 KB)
vs
live.jpeg (18.6 KB)

It’s easiest to see in the lower right hand corner in the elbow. This results in an approximate 85% change in the RGB data vectors.

This can be easily reproduced by simply loading the image from a stream source, where the stream is just the byte data of the file, and then saving it again as a webp.

Note, the solution we have in place is to use image magick for the image conversion from webp to jpeg. At the moment webp conversion to jpeg is not something we can trust aspose imaging for.

@rodbourn

Can you please share the source code that you have used to reproduce the issue along with API version on your end.

Sure thing:

var data = await File.ReadAllBytesAsync("c:\\pick your path\\source.webp");
using var msSource = new MemoryStream(data);
using var sourceImage = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(msSource, new LoadOptions());
sourceImage.Save($"c:\\pick your path\\test.webp", new WebPOptions { });

version 21.6.0 and version 21.4.0 both did this

@rodbourn

I have created a ticket with ID IMAGINGNET-4580 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed.

That’s great, thank you. If there is anything I can do to accelerate it, please let me know.

@rodbourn

We will share notification with you as soon as it will be addressed.

I noticed that status is now “In Progress” are there any details that could be shared? ETA?

@rodbourn

At present, we may not share any ETA. We will share the good news with you as soon as it will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGNET-4580) have been fixed in this update.