When combining two workbooks with identical worksheet names- and worksheet names are max length- produces a corrupted file when saving

Please see attachment for the excel file.

Example:

var input1 = new Workbook(“input.xlsx”);
var input2 = new Workbook(“input.xlsx”);
input1.Combine(input2);
input1.Save(“output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

When combining two workbooks that have identical worksheet names, and those names have 31 characters (max worksheet name length), will produce a corrupted excel file. Please see screenshots.
Is this the expected behavior? 
Should the Combine method throws an exception instead?
Or should Aspose handle this differently to generate a valid excel file?
Maybe truncate the worksheet name? Or provide a callback for the user the handle?

Thanks,
Minh

Hi,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and screen shots.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your template file and sample code. I found that when combining two workbooks with identical worksheets’ name (with max length) produces a corrupted file when saving.
e.g
Sample code:

var input1 = new Workbook(“input.xlsx”);
var input2 = new Workbook(“input.xlsx”);
input1.Combine(input2);
input1.Save(“output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44081” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.3

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thank you, this fixed the corrupted file issue.

Do you know when it will be release to NuGet?

Thanks,
Minh

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

Besides, we are going to release a major official version 8.6.3 in around 20-Dec-2015 and it will be available in NuGet so you wil have to wait till then. Once, the release will be published you will get automatic notification in this thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44081) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.