When saving Excel 2007 (xlsm) sheets using Workbook.save not working correctly in Java

Hi,

There is problem when I open Excel 2007 xlsm format sheet and save it. Some cells gets populated with wrong data and color formatting of some cells got lost or got changed. Please note that out sheet contains some macros.

I am just using the following code .

String inputFilePath = "C:\\excel.xlsm"
String inputFilePath = "C:\\excel_copy.xlsm"
workbook.open(inputFilePath, FileFormatType.EXCEL2007XLSM );
workbook.save(outputFilePath, FileFormatType.EXCEL2007XLSM);

It is particularly giving wrong results for the sheets that contains some macros.

Like for the following attached sheet "excel.xlsm" , when I just open and save it using above apose program then some formatting is lost in copied sheet and also MS Excel gives some warning message while opening the copied sheet.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We found the issue after an initial test, we will figure it out soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-16870.

Thank you.

Hi, Please update us that is this problem is only with Excel 2007 macros
file (xlsm)? or the problem is with Excel 2003 and 2007 (xlsx) also.

Hi,

Please verify if the above problem is only with Excel 2007 macro file (XLSM) or the problem also persist with Excel 2003 (XLS) and Excel 2007 (XLSX) format.

When are we expected to get the fix/update for this issue? It is very urgent for us, we are losing lot of business for this feature.

If there is delay in fixed version relese, then please provide us with a earlier patch for this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

The issue is mainly due to the fact that some advanced features such as the gradient fill effect of Cell and some properties of drawing objects are not supported currently. We will try to provide a fix for your case in 1-2 days.
Moreover, such kind of issues are mainly with Excel2007 files because those advanced features are imported from Excel2007.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version. We have supported your requested feature.

Thank You & Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16870) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)