When user goes down to non editable section then navigation of the Word document is problematic using page up/down keys

Hi,

We have made certain Words document sections not editable uisng Aspose API. (Latest version 13.3).

1. I used following code to make whole document non editable.

doc.Protect(Aspose.Words.ProtectionType.AllowOnlyFormFields);

2. Then using following code I made certain sections editable .

//Unprotect rest of the editable sections - make them editable

//Foreach section we want editing enabled -
section.ProtectedForForms = false;

Hence around some non editable section (say, Conditions section) we notice that now the page up and page down keys are not working properly. User has to use mouse to scroll outside of the conditions section.
Expected result is that document navigation should work as normal.

Is this known problem with Aspose API/Words? How can we solve this issue?

Thanks,

Chandra

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. If you apply protection on some sections of a document by using MS Word, you will get the same output behavior.

Moreover, Aspose.Words protect and save the document’s sections correctly. The behavior of page up and page down keys is related to MS Word. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Thanks for this information.

Also I'm not able to open a url situated in protected section in a word document and getting following message when I click on that link:

" Unable to open . cannot open the specified file".

When I open this url in IE, it is opening fine. Is this expected behavior shown by protected section?

When I convert this words document into PDF and click on same url in PDF document, it opens fine.

Regards,

Chandra

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.3.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please share following details for investigation purposes.

What environment are you running on?
  • OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the input document that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the output document showing the undesired behavior

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.