When will Conditional IF fields be able to be processed

I know that many users over the years have begged for the ablitiy to use conditional IF fields within their documents. This is the most common feature of Word. I see many enhancements like SmartTags that are promoted as rarley used but the feature was added to so it is inline with the functionality of Word.

I beg you along with many others to please move this feature up in priority.

IF EVERYONE CAN HELP PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACK YOU CAN HELP ME CONVINCE ASPOSE ON HOW POPULAR THIS FEATURE COULD BE FOR ITS USERS.

ASPOSE PLEASE RECONSIDER IF THIS FEATURES IS STILL ON THE BACK BURNER.

Thank you VERY much.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, we know that conditional logic is very useful feature of MS Word. This is issue #37 in our defect database. But this is not so easy to implement as it sounds. This issue has major priority. Hopefully conditional logic will be supported somewhere in 2009.

Best regards.

Hi,

I would like to support the request. I also urgently need this feature. “Hopefully in 2009” sounds too far away. In the FAQ on the Aspose.Words site you still speak of somewhere in 2008, which sounds better to me.

So please, give this issue more priority.

Regards,

Chris

I would also like to see this feature added as soon as possible. We have a massive number of documents which I would like to move to Aspose, but this missing feature is stopping this.

Chris.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Currently we work on Renderer. Then we plan to work on Fields. I think Aspose.Words will be able to update IF fields in first half of 2009.

Best regards.

Hi,

Will the renderer allow to know on which page starts and ends a paragraph or a table row? I believe this would be a very useful feature. Also, will the pagination engine allow to generate TOC ? When it will be implemented, do you plan on adding support for floating shapes when exporting documents to XHTML ?

Regarding the conditional IF fields evaluation, do you plan on handling the incorrect IF fields like MS Word does? Will it be possible to update the IF fields too?

Kind regards,

Rendering

A “very last minute” beta release that includes thew NEW RENDERING engine to IMAGES, PRINTING and PDF will be available next Monday 24/11/08. This will replace the existing “viewer” classes in Aspose.Words. The official Aspose.Words for .NET 6.0 will soon follow in December.

It will not yet be possible to know on which page a paragraph or a table row starts or ends programmatically in the public API, but it will be easy for us to expose in the next minor releases.

There is a number of new features coming including MHTML import, full DrawingML for images in OOXML support and a beta version of EPUB export.

IF Fields Evaluation

This is now very HIGH priority for us and will be done very soon after the above release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 37) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(22)

We have just upgraded to the new 7.0.0 version of Aspose.Words and can verify that evaluation of conditional if statements does indeed now work.

However, many of our ‘if’ statements contain mixed formatting and (on occasion) images. In these instances the formatting is not retained the and images are not displayed.

Manually executing these statements natively in Word 2003; the formatting is retained and images are displayed correctly so it appears that something is not quite right yet in the Aspose engine at this time.

I can supply an example document containing these ‘if’ statements for testing if required.

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your request. It would be great if you attach sample document, which will allow me to reproduce the problem. I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Sorry for the delay, here’s the document. The fields in question are in the footer in the ‘empty’ cells on the right of the table. Just toggle the field codes to view them.

Cheers

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as the issues are resolved.

Best regards.

Thanks for that, while you’re looking at that, there appears to be an issue with the # format switch in merge fields in a Word document. Our current version of the document I submitted in my last post has merge fields that look like the following:

{ MERGEFIELD itemprice # ,0.00;(,0.00) }

I would expect that fields with values like 1234.56 would be displayed as 1,234.56 however this does not seem to be the case, all fields with values greater than or equal to 1000 do not display the comma separators. Am I doing something wrong with the merge field or is it something else? Again, if you require an example document, I am more than happy to provide one.

Thanks in advance…

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. At the moment Aspose.Words requires picture format switches in merge fields to be in the US (InvariantCulture) format. So, please try using the following switch.

{ MERGEFIELD test # #,##0.00 \* MERGEFORMAT }

Here is code I used for testing:

CultureInfo currentCulture = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo(“en-US”);

Document doc = new Document(@“Test001\in.doc”);

doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[] {“test”}, new object[] {1000});

doc.Save(@“Test001\out.doc”);

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = currentCulture;

I also attached my input and output documents.

Best regards.

Thanks for the prompt response, the number formatting you supplied works fine. Would this mean that if I wanted to support numbers in the millions I would need to use #,###,##0.00??? This would appear to differ from the format recommended on most sites offering help on merge field formatting.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. No, you do not need to change format switch, when you need to insert millions. You should use the same switch. Please see the following code and the attached documents:

CultureInfo currentCulture = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo(“en-US”);

Document doc = new Document(@“Test001\in.doc”);

doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[] { “test”, “test1”, “test2”, “test3”, “test4”, “test5”, “test6”, “test7” },

new object[] { 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000, 10000000, 100000000, 1000000000, 10000000000 });

doc.Save(@“Test001\out.doc”);

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = currentCulture;

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10961;10962) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(63)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 711) have been fixed in this update.

(20)