Which barcode symbology works best with faxes?

I’m considering using barcodes for Java. We intend to place barcodes on a PDF cover sheet that customers will print and fax back to us. We will scan the faxed-back barcode to identify the customer. Which barcode symbology works best for faxing? Faxing is very low resolution, prone to misalignement, and there can be lots of corruption of the image (black lines, jagged lines, blurring, etc).

Do any of the symbologies have better error correction built in that will tranmit well over fax?

Thanks for your help.

Hi xetus,

Thank you for considering Aspose.BarCode. Could you please tell me what type(chars/numbers/symbols etc.) of CodeText you will encoded in your project? And what's the max length of the text?

We have the same kind of requirement and I would like to know your expert advice on this.

We are thinking of using DataMatrix since the length of the text could be around 30-40 characters.

I am willing to split the text into multiple barcodes, if any other barcode could give me better result during Fax and low-quality printers.

Thanks