Which license of Aspose.Email for .Net is required to distribute and commercial use with my "mac operating system" based application

Dear Support,

I am developing a Mac OS based application to convert mbox, eml and elmx into Pst. App will read(parse) mbox, eml and elmx file format and will write parsed data into PST file under Mac operating system. For this I want to use Aspose.Email for .Net library. So I want to know which license of Aspose.Email for .Net is required to distribute and commercial use with my application.

Thanks

@qtsoft

Thank you for your enquiry and in that scenario you will need a Developer OEM licence for each developer in the team which uses the Aspose component.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind regards,

George.

Hi

Can I use single licence suggested by you (Developer OEM licence) in multiple products (product with different names) or need to buy new licence for each product i.e need to buy different different licence for different products of same organisation(company).

Thanks

@qtsoft

You can use the same license in any number of different products in the same organisation as long as the developer count is adhered to.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Dear Support,

I have some other confusion regarding to time validity of a valid license. If I purchase a license than how many day or years still activated. After expiry date of license I need / not need to buy same license with same version again even if new version is released or not released. On expiry of license I will be able to use full version of that purchased product forever and only need to buy subscription to updated the product and hotfixes and supports also.

Thanks

@qtsoft

The licence is permanent and comes with the first year’s subscription. The subscription allows access to the latest releases and can be renewed annually, but it is optional. If you choose not to renew, and don’t use any version released after the subscription expiry date, the licence will continue to work as normal.

I hope this is of help.

Kind regards,

George.

Hi,

I had purchase an Developer OEM license of Aspose.Email for .NET to use on Mac OS. Till now I was using the trail version of Aspose.Email for .NET. Now I want to add purchased license into my app. Kindly tell me steps to add the licensed version of Aspose.Email for .NET under Mac OS X.

Thanks

@qtsoft

The easiest way to set a license is to copy the file in your project folder or any other location and then specify the file path using the code sample given below:

// Instantiate an instance of license and set the license file through its path
Aspose.Email.License license = new Aspose.Email.License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Email.lic");

We recommend to put the license file in the same folder as that of the DLL of the component is placed. Moreover, you may get more details at this link: https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailnet/Licensing

Hi,

Thanks. I want to confirm one more thing about Aspose.Email.lic. I need to put Aspose.Email.lic file always within app resource to redistribute the my application. It will be secure to put Aspose.Email.lic into app or need some encryption.

Thanks

@qtsoft

We do not provide any encryption method. However, a license file contains text that you can read as string and then encrypt as per your own encryption scheme.

Hi,

I can encrypt the file. But I just want to know that if i put the file into my app resource without any encryption and redistribute my application then it is secure. I mean that any user who buy my app will not be able to reuse(misuse) the license information stored into Aspose.Email.lic .

Thanks

@qtsoft

There is a chance and the license can be misused if it is shared openly with app resources.
You may get more details regarding protecting your license at this link:
[https://purchase.aspose.com/policies/protect-license ](https://purchase.aspose.com/policies/protect-license)