While reading a word document How can we differentiate between a Numbered and Bulletted List

Hi,

while reading a word document How can we differentiate between a Numbered and Bulletted List.

• abcabcabc
  • cabcabcab
  • dabdab
  1. abc
  2. cab
  3. dab

I am using paragraph.ParagraphFormat.IsListItem to find if the paragraph have a list, but i require to ascertain what is the list type. how can i find that. I am using Aspose.word (version 3.5.3.0)

regards

vivek bahl

It is not possible using current API. We plan to significantly improve list formatting API in the near future.

Hi,

I just found there is a NumberStyle Enumeration which according to the documentation is used to Specify the number style for a list, footnotes and endnotes, page numbers. Can we not use this to extract the info i require..

regards

vivek bahl

NumberStyle enumeration is currently used to specify page numbering style only.

Hi Miklovan,

We have been developing a word document parser using the Aspose.Words and have moved ahead in the process of acquiring the software licenses for the same. Now at this point of time we are badly in need of the Functionality (to differentiate the numbered and bulleted List, while reading a word document). please do suggest in which future release of Aspose can we expect this functionality
regards
Vivek bahl

Next version of Aspose.Words to be released in just 2-3 days will have a rich public API for dealing with list formatting. You will be able to detect or set evertying about list formatting.

Hi,

Thanks for an early reply we would be waiting for the new release of the Aspose.Words

regards
vivek bahl