We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Why Aspose.Cells substitutes an existing font?

Hi, attached is a font called ‘CG-Omega’ and a sample XLSX file that uses it. When this font is installed in Windows MS Excel is using it without problems. However Aspose.Cells always substitutes it with another one. Why?

Warnings like this show the substitution:
“Aspose.Cells warning. type:FontSubstitution, description:Font substitution: Font [ CG Omega; Regular ] has been substituted in Cell [ A5 ] in Sheet [ Tabelle1 ].”

Here is a sample code that demonstrates it:

var doc = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(inputFile);
doc.Save(outputFile, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

SR-123371 - Font CG Omega.zip (405.5 KB)

@DWProject,

Thanks for the template file, font files, screenshot and PDF file.

  1. Please try using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4.

  2. Please make sure that the font “CG-Omega” is installed on your machine. I have installed your provided font by copying all the .ttf files to “C:\Windows\Fonts” folder and then used Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4 to convert your template file to PDF, it works fine and output file is fine tuned. There is no warning message too. See the output PDF file attached.
    out1.pdf (68.4 KB)

@DWProject,

We have analyzed the issue more and reproduced the issue on env(Win10 1909) by installing the font by right clicking on it and then choosing “install”(means install for current user). However, If we install the font by right clicking and then choosing “install for all users”, the output is OK.

This seems to be issue with Aspose.Cells and we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as
CELLSNET-47298 – Existing font substituted by Aspose.Cells

Thanks for the deeper analysis. It saved me the time for testing the new version.

@DWProject,

You are welcome. Hopefully we will figure out your issue soon.

@DWProject,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47298”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@DWProject,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4.2:
Aspose.Cells20.4.2 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.3 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.4.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.3 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

I’ve tried it and I can confirm the issue is fixed.
Thanks a lot!

@DWProject,
Good to know that your issue is sorted out. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47298) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.5. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi