Why exactly does Aspose.Diagram need Full Trust?

Our development team has shown interest in Aspose.Diagram, but we’re having trouble understanding exactly why it needs Full Trust permissions. The documentation only states that Full Trust is required, but can someone explain why each of the code access policies listed in the Microsoft documentation links below are actually required by Aspose.Diagram?

Thanks,

• Alek

@alek.ohanian

We have logged an investigation ticket as DIAGRAMNET-51735 in our issue tracking system in order to collection necessary information. We will surely provide you full details on this as soon as the ticket is resolved. Please spare us little time.

@alek.ohanian

The API needs to load fonts when user set the font folder or its path which is why Aspose.Diagram needs Full Trust. If the user does not need to set fonts, then Full Trust is not required.

Hi Asad,

Thanks for the information, but I’m not getting the full picture here. Can someone fulfil my initial request for a play-by-play of why each permission is required?

Regarding your response though, does that mean that I could give Aspose.Diagram for .NET Medium Trust and still have it work if I decide to not set fonts?

Thanks.

@alek.ohanian

Yes, your understandings are correct about this.

We will definitely try to provide you complete information on it. Please spare us some time.