How to set Widescreen SlideSizeType (C#)

I found that SlideSizeType enumeration does not contain WideScreen item (which is defaulted in PowerPoint 2016 ) and thus all presentations with such slide size considered Asopse.Slides like Custom.
Is there any solution or workaround to correctly recognize such cases?

@alexraiev,

Can you please share source file and expected output in form of sample so that we may further investigate to help you out.

There is almost nothing about to share. We are read presentation file created in PP 2016 with default slide size (which is Widescreen (16:9)):

var asposePresentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(sourceFilePath);

Then we check what we have in 'asposePresentation ’ object properties and we can see that:

asposePresentation.SlideSize.Type == SlideSizeType.Custom

I did not found in SlideSizeType enum any item related to Widescreen slide size type, but all other types seems to be recognized correctly.
So, I am wondering why it is so and how we can solve this issue? I would expect that Aspose.Slide can correctly recognize all slide size types represented in PowerPoint.

@alexraiev,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Widescreen option provided in PowerPoint 2016 actually corresponds to slide size ( 960 x 540 or 13.33’’ x 7.5’'). You can use following sample code to set the desired size.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();
        pres.SlideSize.SetSize(960.0f, 540.0f, SlideSizeScaleType.EnsureFit);
        pres.Save("C:\\Aspose Data\\Widescreen2.pptx",Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

I do not need just set size. I am looking for solution where initially defaulted SlideSizeType value “Widescreen” in PowerPoint 2016 will be excatly the same in Aspose.Slides.

In proposed solution SlideSizeType will became Custom. This is what I am trying to avoid

I am really can’t see any reasons why this option is not present in SlideSizeType enumeration.

@alexraiev,

I have observed your requirements and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-41062 has been created in our issue tracking system as new feature request to provide the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the support will be included.

We are having the same issue, has this been resolved?

@dev34ed1,

I have observed your comments and like to inform this issue is going to be resolved Aspose.Slides 19.8. I request for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41062) have been fixed in this update.