Use Aspose.Page for .NET in .NET Core to generate and manipulate XPS and PS files

Hello,

Is or will this product be supported on .Net Core?

We currently use the System.Windows.Documents namespace to create XPS documents using a combination of FixedDocument and FlowDocument, but are interested in generating XPS documents in .Net Core so it can run on Linux machines.

Although, System.Windows.Documents seems to be part of Microsoft’s .Net Core 3 roadmap, it is in the Desktop Pack portion, therefore not actually being cross-platform. I assume because Xaml/XPS depends on GDI+ or DirectX which is Windows only.

Thanks,
Charlie

@cmathis430

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid Aspose.XPS for .NET does not support .NET Core framework at the moment. However, providing Support for .NET Core is already in our plans. A feature request as XPSNET-26 is already logged in our issue tracking system for the purpose. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding availability of the feature, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali, thank you for your quick response. That’s great to hear. I’ll evaluate Aspose.XPS in more detail to determine if it’ll meet our needs. Thank you!

@cmathis430

Thanks for your feedback.

Sure, please take care your time to evaluate the API and its features. In case of any other inquiry, please feel free to let us know.