Will not open an xlsx spreadsheet

We have an email message that has an excel spreadsheet as an attachment that Aspose seems to not recognize. If we save the spreadsheet to disk it opens fine. If we open it in the email it opens fine but when we try to access it through aspose it wont open.

@Taylor.Mcdonald2,

Thanks for your query.

Well, Aspose.Cells is an MS Excel spreadsheet management API, so it won’t recognize or load email messages. You got to either save the Excel file to disk or stream before using Aspose.Cells to get the spreadsheet loaded into it’s object model.

To open/load email messages, you may use other Aspose API named Aspose.Email.

We do extract the file from the e-mail and try to process it. We are processing several hundred a day without issue. There is an issue that is causing these to not be able to be processed by Aspose.

I am searching for why. I have examples of the email .msg file with the attached xlsx file

@Taylor.Mcdonald2,

I am not sure what type of issue you are facing, it must be on your end and may not be relevant to Aspose.Cells API. If the Excel file is a valid file (you must have extracted it and saveed to disk/stream), then Aspose.Cells should have no problem to process the file. If you think Aspose.Cells has an issue when loading/processing the Excel file, kindly do share the Excel file here, we will check it soon.

I sent the .msg file that contains the xlsx attachment and sample code to your e-mail.

How do I share it here ?

@Taylor.Mcdonald2,

I could not receive your mail on my email id. It is better to separate the issue regarding Aspose.Cells, so you may extract/save the Excel file to disk and zip the file to attach it here, we will try to load/open the file via Aspose.Cells API.

Here are the files that were extracted from the .msg file using Aspose getting the attachments. I have 3 test files, one that works and 2 that do not.
All three can be opened using Excel but only one can be opened using Aspose CellsZipToAspose.zip (16.2 KB)

@Taylor.Mcdonald2

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45844 - Excel file is opened from Email fine but it does not open using Aspose.Cells

@Taylor.Mcdonald2,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45844”) now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes. You may expect the fix in the next 3-5 days or so.

Keep in touch.

Thank you for your Quick response! Looking forward to fix.

@Taylor.Mcdonald2

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following and let us know your feedback.

This is the error I am getting now.

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 19 Dec 2017, but this version of the product was released on 10 Jan 2018. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Since we found this for you is there a way we can have this included for us?

@Taylor.Mcdonald2,

I am afraid as the error denotes that your license is expired to use latest versions/fixes. so you have to upgrade your subscription.

FYI, when you purchase a license for the product, you are authorized to use the license file with any new (and upcoming (official versions)) versions or hot fixes of the component for the next whole year. Moreover, your license will never expire if you continue to use your license with the product’s version/hotfix that should be released before your subscription expiry date.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45844) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.1 update.

Please also check the following article: