Will Shadow format in PPTX Be Lost After Save?

HI,

I found an issue using Aspose.Slides to generate pptx presentation. If in a line of textbox there exist both normal text and shadowed text in pptx template, after calling PresentationEx.Save method without doing anything else, in the result pptx, shadowed text will become normal text !!! I attached a sample pptx here. And I also found if one line contains shadowed text only, it will still remain shadowed in generated result. Is it a bug or not?

Thanks.

Hi Sheng,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the presentation file shared and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34518 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you for your reply. Since this is a bug, I want to seek for another approach to mark some text special in textboxes, because those are fields we will fill in during generation and they will be refreshed in the future. I think marking Shadow is one approach if shadow could remain in generated result and it can be used to distinguish different portion(portionEx) in paragraph(paragraphEx). But it looks look in pptx it has some issue. I attached a screenshot here. PPTX provides richer style settings than PPT. For example, ‘Text Outline’. I wonder whether Aspose.Slides has implemented it or not. I’ve tried the changed PPTX file to see whether text with ‘Text Outline’ is a standalone portionEx. It does. But I don’t know where I could get the correct color (yellow). Do you know about it?
If Aspose.Slides doesn’t implement it, could you provide me some other approach to mark some text special and Aspose.Slides supports?

Thanks.

Hi Sheng,

I have worked over the requirements shared and like to share that it is possible to extract the outline color for the text using Aspose.Slides. Please try using following sample code to serve the purpose and share with us if there is any further issue in this regard.

public static void TestOutline(String file, String path)
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(path + file);
SlideEx slide = pres.Slides[0];

foreach (ShapeEx shape in slide.Shapes)
{
if (shape is AutoShapeEx)
{
AutoShapeEx ashp = (AutoShapeEx)shape;

if (ashp.TextFrame != null)
{
foreach (ParagraphEx para in ashp.TextFrame.Paragraphs)
{
foreach (PortionEx portion in para.Portions)
{

Console.WriteLine("Portion Tex : " + portion.Text);

//Check if the outline color is applied or not
if (portion.PortionFormat.LineFormat.FillFormat.FillType == FillTypeEx.Solid)
{
Color OutLineColor = portion.PortionFormat.LineFormat.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color;
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

Many Thanks,

Thank you Mudassir. It does work!

Hi Sheng,

You are always welcome. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34518) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz