Word 2 Pdf courier spaces lost

Hi,

in the simplest conversion from Word to PDF the long text in CourierNew is spaces-aligned in DOC (and in RTF also not attached) while is "caos" unaligned in PDF.

I can attach the code if you want but it simply reads the doc file and save it with SaveFormat.PDF.

How can I solve it?

Have a nice work,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.9.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of your issue is WORDSNET-9059. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi, have you good news for us?

Our project is complete and we are just waiting for a solution to the step “Word 2 PDF” to deploy it :frowning:

Regards,
Roberto Venturi

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as your issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi,
your last reply was not encouraging so I looked for a workaround and I found it.

It seems that the Word2Pdf conversion tries to translate many spaces into a single tabulation but the calculations are incorrect :-(

A solution can be to avoid multiple spaces but what can substitute a space better than another space?

In the Word document I replace all spaces with the ascii 0xA0 character "No-Break Space" and the Word2Pdf conversion applies correctly :-)

Can it can be a "final solution" if applied in your package?

Have a goood work,
Roberto

P.S. any appreciation is welcome :-D

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your suggestion. You’re right; replacing all spaces in your Word document with the ASCII 0xA0 character “No-Break Space” before conversion to Pdf fixes this issue. I have passed this information to our development team. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9059) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.