Word 2003 -> PDF: Deleted text in review mode is present in PDF

Hi,

we’re using Aspose.Words 13.1.0 to convert Word 2003 (WordML) documents to PDF. When a user uses the review / track changes mode in Word and deletes text, this deleted text is still present in the PDF document. It’s only gone from the PDF if he/she uses the “accept this change” feature in Word to permanently delete the text. This is very confusing, since the user thinks he deleted the text (and it’s also not present if you print the document in MS Word), but it’s still present in the PDF. This behavior is also inconsistent, since inserted text shows up in the PDF as well (so some changes are present in the PDF, others are not).

I’ve attached a testcase, both the WordML document as well as the resulting PDF.

Is this behavior intentional or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

This behaviour is intentional. You can use Document.AcceptAllRevisions() method to accept the changes directly from the code. Please have a look here for further information on Tracking Changes using Aspose.Words.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you have any more queries.

Hi,

thanks for your help. I think this behavior is a bit confusing (insertations in review mode are represented by default, while deletions are not), but the AcceptAllRevisions() method will work for me. Thanks!

Philipp