Word 2003 crashes with merged document

Hi,
after evaluating Aspose.Words and found it extremely efficient, we purchased a license for our company.

What we do is : automatically fill in Words templates with data received from a web service, and then merge the resulting documents into one.
But we have a problem with the merged documents that makes MS-Word crash for some of our users.

Please find attached the original documents and the resulting merged document.

The source code that creates the merged doc is as follows :

Document firstDoc = new Document(documents.get(0).getDocumentOutputFilename());

for (Item item: items)
{
    Document doc = new Document(item.getDocumentOutputFilename());
    doc.getFirstSection().getPageSetup().setSectionStart(SectionStart.NEW_PAGE);
    doc.getFirstSection().getPageSetup().setRestartPageNumbering(true);
    doc.getFirstSection().getPageSetup().setPageStartingNumber(1);
    firstDoc.appendDocument(doc, ImportFormatMode.KEEP_SOURCE_FORMATTING);
}
}

firstDoc.save(outputFileName);

At first, I thought that was a problem with the number of styles contained in our templates, so I cleaned them and removed avery unused style. But still, the problem occurs for some users.
I don’t have any more idea what is the cause of the problem.
Can you help?

I can provide you with the original templates if you need them.

Thanks.

Hello
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach the original templates you are getting problem with? I will check it on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Please find the templates attached.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I will try to reproduce the problem on my side.
Best regards,

Thank you.

Hello.
I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the Microsoft Office Word 2003 Trial (11.5604.5606). Please specify your version of MS Word.

Best regards,

Hi,

the problem also accurs with Word 2007 (12.0.6535.5002) SP2 MSO (12.0.6535.5002)

Hello

Thanks for your request.
I managed to reproduce the problem on my side using the MS Word 2000 (9.0.2812). Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

if this can help, please find attached a screenshot of the errors that Word has detected after repairing the document.

(Version of Word 2003 used when error occured : 11.6568.8172 SP2)

Thanks.

Thank you for additional information. You will be notified as soon as we fix a bug.

Best regards,

Hello,

I know it’s early, but do you have an estimate time for coming with a solution/advice for this problem?

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any estimate regarding these issues. Our development team will analyze the issues and then we will provide you an estimate.

Best regards,

Problem transmitted to Priority Support Forum.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I increased priority if this issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

I can’t see my request in the priority support forum anymore.

Did you solve the problem?

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. Priority of these issues was increased (due to Priority Support). We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this issue.
Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello,

we definitely need a solution now (or some workaround) as we plan to go into production in the coming days.

It would be nice to have an update on this problem.

Thanks.

Hello
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. However, the responsible developer already started analyzing the issue to determine the root cause of the problem. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5175) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.