Word 2003 document in mail message

I am creating a new mail message.

I am setting the HTML body to the source of a word document 2003 saved as XML (see attached).

The word document displays in the new mail message in Microsoft Outlook 2003 without the XML tags meaning Office 2003 is picking the document up as a word document, however there is no formatting.

Has anyone had any experience in this area?

Thanks.

Hello,

The HtmlBody is for html content. It does not support word document 2003 xml content.

Thanks,

But Microsoft Office 2003 appears to partially support the XML as its displaying the document contacts without the XML tags?

Hi,

For setting HTML body in email, the XML source of the document needs to be converted to the HTML first. Aspose.Words for .NET supports OOXML format and it can convert the OOXML source into HTML. This HTML, then can be set as email body using Aspose.Network.

For loading and conversion documents using Aspose.Words for .NET, please refer to http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/about-document-conversions-in-aspose-words.html.

Thanks. I am using the following code:

Dim doc As New Aspose.Words.Document(LetterFileLocation)
Dim stream As New MemoryStream()
doc.Save(stream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Mhtml)
stream.Position = 0
Dim msg As Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage = Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load(stream)

All the text is displaying as 12pt Times New Roman whereas the original documnet has much more formatting. Am I missing something?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I was able to reproduce the problem at my end. We will look into it and get back to you as soon as we find the solution. Issue ID for your reference is 13472.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13472) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry229369.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.