We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word 2007 Crashes when merge images are added to header using Aspose.Words

When using pretty standard Document.getMailMerge() functionality on a word 2003 document (.doc) that has image fields in the header or footer Aspose.Words creates a .doc file that crashes Word 2007.

Is this a known issue in any way?

I've attached an example of a broken .doc file created in the manner described above. If I merge the images anywhere else on the document besides the header / footer it looks great.

I am using Aspose.Words for JAVA.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Could you also attach your template and provide me code that will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Alexey,

I’ve attached a zip file that contains the template and all images used in the merge. We are using Apose.Words as a COM Object from Coldfusion MX.

Here is a quick sample of my code as cut from a few functions I created in coldfusion:


d = createObject(“java”,“com.aspose.words.Document”);
d.init(templateFile);

m = d.getMailMerge();
m.setRemoveEmptyParagraphs(true);
m.execute(queryName);
d.save(‘c:\lettertemp’ & key & ‘.doc’);

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem. Here is code I used for testing:

//Open document

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\TemplateExample.doc");

String[] names = {"users.customLetterImage1"

, "users.signatureImage"

, "letterphoto"

, "users.customLetterImage2"

, "addresses.addressee"

, "addresses.housenum"

, "addresses.street1"

, "addresses.street2"

, "addresses.city"

, "addresses.state"

, "addresses.zip"

, "addresses.greeting"

, "users.contact1"

, "users.contact2"

, "users.contact3"

, "users.contact4"

, "users.contact5"

, "users.contact6"

, "users.contact7"

, "users.contact8" };

String[] values = {"C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\MAG_BWHeader001.jpg"

, "C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\Signature016.jpg"

, "C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\Chris001.jpg"

, "C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\MAG_BWFooter001.jpg"

, "addresses.addressee"

, "addresses.housenum"

, "addresses.street1"

, "addresses.street2"

, "addresses.city"

, "addresses.state"

, "addresses.zip"

, "addresses.greeting"

, "users.contact1"

, "users.contact2"

, "users.contact3"

, "users.contact4"

, "users.contact5"

, "users.contact6"

, "users.contact7"

, "users.contact8" };

doc.getMailMerge().execute(names, values);

//Save output document

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\TemplateExample\\out.doc");

Also, you document works fine after open/save it using the latest version of Aspose.Words.

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\15D3663D.doc");

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.doc");

So, I suppose you are using old version of Aspose.Words. Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words for java:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.words/entry151553.aspx

Best regards.

I downloaded the new version and the problem was fixed, so it was definately a bug in our particular version. However we are running into another problem with handling images with dpi over 96, but I am going to create another post regarding that issue.

Thanks,
Intuvo