Word Autotext Entries

Ladies and Gentlemen
We’re currently evaluating Aspose.Words for Java 4.0.0 BETA. So far, it seems to perfectly fit our needs, one question remains though: is it possible to access custom autotext-entries stored in a word-template (accessible through menu “insert → Autotext → Autotexts…”). So far, I didn’t manage to access any custom autotext-entry when opening a template that originally was created with MS Word 2003 SP3, here’s my code trying to achieve this (also see attached “sample.dot”):

private void createDocumentFromTemplateTest() throws Exception
{
    Document doc = new Document("C:\\sample.dot");
    GlossaryDocument gdoc = doc.getGlossaryDocument();
    if (gdoc != null)
    {
        // this code is never reached
        System.*out * .println("building blocks: ");
        for (BuildingBlock block: gdoc.getBuildingBlocks())
        {
            System.*out * .println(" " + block.getName());
        }
    }
    else
    {
        System.*out * .println("building blocks: none");
    }
}

I’ve found a post in the internet stating that GlossaryDocuments were only accessible in DOCX format. What’s the exact status on this subject? Are Autotexts accessible? If yes, in which word versions or formats? If not, is an implementation of this planned?
I’d really appreciate your help and am looking foward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely
Mike

This message was posted using Email2Forum by alexey.noskov.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. Auto text and glossary is only supported in DOCX/DOTX files. If you can convert your documents to OOXML you will be able to access auto text. If you have to stay with DOC/DOT then you needs to wait. We hope to support auto text in DOC sometime this year.
Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue in our defect database. You will be notified as soon as this feature is also supported in DOC and other formats.
Best regards.

Hello,

just want to know if there is some progress on that issue?

I’m evaluating your (great looking) product and stumbled across this problem.

Kind regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved, and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this at the moment. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this issue.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-798) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)