Word Check Box Form Field Does are not converted correctly with Aspose.PDF

Hi Olivier,
If the font map path is set, Aspose.Pdf will generate a font map xml in that path at the first run. Later the xml will be used to improve the performance. You should use a path that your application has permission to acess such as the temp folder of the system.

I did install the fonts on the server and it seems working for only users that have Adobe version 8.0. However users with Adobe 7.0 can not open the PDF. Please help as soon as possible?
Olivier

I have now a print screen of the error.
Let me know as soon as possible. This is urgent.
thanks,
Olivier

Hi Oliver!
Thank you for your inquiry.
We don’t make any difference between Adobe Acrobat version 7.0 and 8.0. Please clarify what you are trying to do.
For the issue we have been discussing it is enough to install “Windings 2” font.
Regards,

I installed the new code last night with Aspose.pdf version 3.6.2.1. I also installed the Windings 2 font. Today all my users and customers using Adobe Acrobat 7.0 could not open the pdf becasue of the error that I sent earlier (see print scren).
Olivier

Can you please attach a document that you are unable to open with Adobe Acrobat 7.0?
Regards,

Here is an example of a PDF that cn not open with Adobe 7 but can with adobe 8?

This pdf file “15-6000001 Credit Letter[1].doc.pdf” is a better example; using our production server. The result is the same that can not open it with Adobe 7.0
thanks,
Olivier

Dear Olivier,
I have reproduced this error. Can you please provide the Word document and code that can be used to generate this PDF file?

I attached the Word document for the 2nd pdf that I sent yesterday.
The following code was mostly coming from your support with your new version 3.6.2:

Private Function ConvertDocumentIntoPDF(ByVal doc As Document, ByVal strLicensePath As String, ByVal strFontPath As String) As Object
'Save the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into a memory stream.
Dim stream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream
'Aspose asked me to comment out the following line with version 6.2.0
'doc.SaveOptions.PdfExportFormFieldsAsText = True 'False
doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf) 'Aspose.Words version 4.4.1.0
Dim pdf As Aspose.Pdf.Pdf = New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf()
pdf.BindXML(stream, Nothing)
pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = True
pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = True
pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = strFontPath
pdf.SetUnicode()
'Seek to the beginning so it can be read by XmlDocument.
stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin)
'Load the document into an XmlDocument
Dim xmlDoc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument
'9/17/07 ofl add licence to remove garbage
Dim license As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License
license.SetLicense(strLicensePath) '08-Feb Modified by NamLH
xmlDoc.Load(stream)
'Now produce the PDF file.
Return (pdf)
End Function

I am looking forward to get a solution.
thank you,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,
I can’t reproduce this error. I tested it with Aspose.Words 5.1 and Aspose.Pdf 3.6.2 and there is no problem when opening the PDF with Adobe Reader 7. Here is the code I used:

Dim license As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License
license.SetLicense("D:\CSharp\Test\License\Aspose.Custom.lic")
Dim doc As Aspose.Words.Document = New Aspose.Words.Document("D:\test\testword\Credit+Letter.doc")
Dim stream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream
'Aspose asked me to comment out the following line with version 6.2.0
'doc.SaveOptions.PdfExportFormFieldsAsText = True 'False
doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf) 'Aspose.Words version 4.4.1.0
Dim pdf As Aspose.Pdf.Pdf = New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf
pdf.BindXML(stream, Nothing)
pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = True
pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = True
pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = "d:\test"
pdf.SetUnicode()
'Seek to the beginning so it can be read by XmlDocument.
stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin)
'Load the document into an XmlDocument
Dim xmlDoc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument
'9/17/07 ofl add licence to remove garbage
Dim license1 As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License
license1.SetLicense("D:\CSharp\Test\License\Aspose.Custom.lic") '08-Feb Modified by NamLH
xmlDoc.Load(stream)
'Now produce the PDF file.
pdf.Save("d:/test/test.pdf")

Can you please check the versions of the components? If it still won’t work please provide complete project that can reproduce this error.

I using this Aspose.pdf dll. Try again with these components (see zip file) Also is you font file make a diiference: pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = “d:\test”?

I tested with the dll you attached and I still can’t reproduce this error. There is no problem to change the font map path. I even tried removing the TruetypeFont code and it still works well.
Can you please provide a complete project that can reproduce this error? Please also include the resulting PDF so that I can compare it with my PDF. Please also tell detailed info about your OS (which language?) and .Net version.

I attached the PDF which it is the same that I sent before. No I can not send you the complete project.
Our server is a Windows server 2003. Web site runs in IIE 6.0.
The PDF can not be opened using Adobe Acrobat reader 7.0.3
Iy you can not figure out; I am going have to go back and reuse the Aspose.pdf 6.0 which to me is going backward.
Olivier Lebigot

I can reproduce the error with your PDF but I can’t create that PDF. The PDF generated by my code can be opened with Adobe Reader 7 without problem.

Please refer to this thread. Do you have the same problem?

Yes; It is now working. It was the same problem as that linked. The solution was to add “Me.Response.Close()”.
I have now all my templates working including the form fields using and they can be open using Adobe 7.0 and 8.0
Thank you very much for all your help.
Olivier