Word Checkbox Form is converted to picture

Dear Aspose team,
with the attached Word 2007 file, containing clickable checkbox form objects, I do nothing but:

Aspose.Words.Document document = new Aspose.Words.Document(filename_docx);
document.Save(filename_docx);

When I open the Asposes-saved version afterwards, the checkboxes are inactive. It seems, they have just been converted to pictures.
What options do I need to get the same Word file as before saving it with Aspose?
I’m using:
Aspose.Words.dll 10.3.0.0
MS-Word 2007
.NET 2.0
C# (MS VS 2010)
Thx in advance
Udo

Hi
Thanks for your request. CheckBox control in your document is ActiveX control. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a workaround, you can use FormFied CheckBoxs instead of ActiveX controls.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,
thank you for your quick answer. The proposed workaround would mean converting back lots of documents to Formfield checkboxes and switch on their protection so that they cannot be edited anymore (which is what we actually intend to do). Can we reckon with a solution by end of August?
Is there a possibility to detect such ActiveX controls in a Word document using Aspose (and replacing them by Formfields)?
However actually we do not want to change them, but just keep them as they are when working with Aspose in other parts of the document.
BR,
Udo

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot promise that this issue will be resolved before the next hotfix.
Also, unfortunately, there is no way to replace ActiveX controls with FormFields in your case, because ActiveX controls are lost upon loading, so there is no way to find them in the model.
As a simple workaround, I can suggest you to convert your documents to DOC format using MS Word and use DOC format instead of DOCX, in this case Aspose.Words will preserve ActiveX controls.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4047) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)