We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word date field when saving to PDF (non english date)

Hi,

We have a template (doc file, see attached) with Hebrew date field (which needs to show the current date).

When loading the the doc file and saving it to PDF its translate the date to Gregorian date (where month are in their Hebrew names) which is not the expected output in such case.

Attached is the template and two image files , expected result (as user see when opens the doc in word) and the current result.

tested with aspose words 16.4 and 16.6.

Hi Yohay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13986. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

Is there any estimate when this issue will be resolved ? (days ? , weeks ? months ?)

Hi Yohay,

Thanks
for your inquiry. Your issue has been planned for fix. Hopefully, the
fix of this issue will be available in August 2016 release. Please note
that this estimate is not final at the moment. We will be sure to inform
you via this forum thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi again,

Indeed the 16.8 version fixed the earlier problem.

But for a specific Hebrew month there is a problem, the name is wrong (the month called in Hebrew “kislev” , while it written as “Kislevi” when saving as PDF.

Tested also in 16.12 , same result.

Attached are the screen short of the problem.

Please let me know when this problem can be fixed.

Thanks.

Added more clear picture of where the problem is.


Hi Yohay,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi

The word file attached at the start of thread should suffice, Its kinda related problem so i didn’t open a new thread.

Please check it soon, the current Hebrew (Kislev) month will be ending soon (also please verify there are no mistakes on other Hebrew months names).

Thanks.

Hi Yohay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 16.12.0 with following code example and have not faced the shared issue. Please use Aspose.Words for .NET 16.12.0. We have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("he-IL");

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "templateWithWordHebrewDate.doc");

doc.Save(MyDir + "Out v16.12.0.pdf");

Hi Again,

Yesterday i tested again after your answer and it seemed to work just fine.

Today we tried again and now we bad output again but a little different (see attached).

After cooling down from thinking i got crazy i noticed the relation to the hebrew date.

The extra letter was the hebrew letter “yud” , the hebrew letter which signify 10.

yesterday was the 20th so the letter was replaced with the letter “caf” which signify 20.

today is the 21th , which signified with 2 letters , “caf” and “alef” and suddenly today the letter “caf” is shown after the month name.

Attached are screen shot of different dates , as you can see :

day 1-10 = month name is o.k
day 11-19 = month name has “yud” on the end (like original post)
day 20 = month name is o.k.
day 21… = month name has “caf” on the end.


Hi Yohay,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14635. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I have just tried version 17.1 which was released yesterday and the problem still exists.

Any clue when will this bug get fixed ?

Hagay

Hi Hagay,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently, it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14635) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.3.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.3.0 update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I can confirm its seems to be working fine now.

Thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan