We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word DOC to PDF Conversion: Images Replaced With Red X

We recently upgraded to the latest Aspose.Words, version 10.0.1, and are now having problems with images being lost during the conversion from a Word Doc to PDF. I’ve attached the Word Doc and the generated PDF with the missing images (replaced by red X’s) and below is the simple test to convert the document:

@Test
public void testAsposeConvert() {
try {
com.aspose.words.License license = new com.aspose.words.License();
InputStream licStream = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);
license.setLicense(licStream);

// read the input file
String inFile1 = “MeDICI-WICSA_2008-final.doc”;
FileInputStream inStream1 = new FileInputStream(new File(Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResource(inFile1).getPath()));

//Read the file with aspose
Document doc = new Document(inStream1);
//set the font directory (found references to Linux that this was required and this solved a NullPointerException I was getting)
FontSettings.setFontsFolder("/Users/d3l021/workspace/EmslAppsLegacy/main/eus/eusWebFaces/WebContent/reports/fonts", false);
//convert the word doc to PDF, using the options specified above (font dir)
doc.save(“aspose-out.pdf”);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
System.out.println(ex.getMessage());
ex.printStackTrace();
Assert.fail();
}
}

Thanks,
Justin

Hello

Thanks for your request. As I can see you are using Aspose.Words 10.0.0.

I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 10.0.1. Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java (10.0.1). You can download this version from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/category1378.aspx

Please try using this code for testing:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\your.doc");

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

Best regards,

Upgrading to the latest version did help remove the “red X” problem, but we are still running into a few problems:

1) For the file “Proposal_EMSL_textonly.docx” it seems to work fine on my Mac (running OS 10.6.7), however the images are missing when running the same code on a Windows 7 system.

2) The attached doc (EMSL_April_2011_dispersed_metal_atom_proposal.docx) is not layed out correctly after conversion to PDF and the graphic is being split across a page break. See bottom of page 2.

Thanks,
Justin

Hello

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. I still cannot reproduce the problem with this document on my side. I have tasted on a Windows 7. Also I have sent the document produced on my side to your e-mail.

2. Regarding the second document, I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4860) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.