Word docs saved with Word (97-2003) randomly will not open ("corrupt")

My customers receive documents created in Word 2003 format.The Aspose.Words Document constructor (I am providing only the string for the filespec) throws FileCorruptedException on some documents and not on others. I BELIEVE I have identified the problem as being related to the customers editing/saving with a non-2003 version of Word prior to Aspose being fed the document. That was the only way I was able to reproduce the problem - I used Word 2002 - and it turns out that my customer’s computers are all using Word 2002 as well. I do not have access to any computers with Word 2000 or Word XP to try this on.
I was unable to find any earlier postings about any similar issues.This problem affects a mission critical part of my system, so I hope someone with more Aspose experience has a suggestion. A sample of a failing document is attached.
Note that I updated Aspose.Words to the latest release yesterday (11/18) but that did not help.
TIA

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Mr. Noskov:
Since you were able to identify the problem and submit it for correction, by any chance would you have a workaround that I could use while it is being worked on? I have some control over document content, as well as the ability to implement document pre-processing to clean up whatever offending codes might be contained in the offending documents.
Thanks.

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem is still unresolved, but as a workaround you can just open/save this document using MS Word.
Best regards,

Andrey:
Can you tell me if there is any progress on this issue?
Also, when a resolution does come, how will it be distributed (i.e., do you issue hotfixes or only full-blown releases)?
Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently it is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem or provide you more information.
Best regards,

Andrey:
On 12/03/2009 you wrote that there would be a hotfix released in 4-5 weeks. I have not heard from your team about any resolution to this issue. Is it still in the pipeline?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11915) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.