My customers receive documents created in Word 2003 format.The Aspose.Words Document constructor (I am providing only the string for the filespec) throws FileCorruptedException on some documents and not on others. I BELIEVE I have identified the problem as being related to the customers editing/saving with a non-2003 version of Word prior to Aspose being fed the document. That was the only way I was able to reproduce the problem - I used Word 2002 - and it turns out that my customer's computers are all using Word 2002 as well. I do not have access to any computers with Word 2000 or Word XP to try this on.
I was unable to find any earlier postings about any similar issues.This problem affects a mission critical part of my system, so I hope someone with more Aspose experience has a suggestion. A sample of a failing document is attached.
Note that I updated Aspose.Words to the latest release yesterday (11/18) but that did not help.