*** This is minor issue compared to other issues reported on the compare API
*When using Aspose compare API to compare the two Word documents with multiple page setup/layout changes in between them in different parts of the document or in different sections of the document, it is not yielding expected results in the specified scenario. It is not giving some page setup changes.
I took a Word document and applied 4 page setup/layout changes in different parts of the document… and ran Aspose compare API, which gave only 2 revisions. But I expect 4 revisions to come.
Refer to the attached documents.
Source.doc - source document.
Target.doc - Initially copied the Source.doc into Target.doc… then made four page setup/layout changes on top of it without modifying any content of the document.
I have done following four page setup/layout changes to Target.doc without
(Note: Page numbers given in below points are those within Target.doc when viewed the Target.doc at 100% zoom level in Print Layout view)
(1) Initially for the “whole document” - changed margins/height/width + changed orientation to Landscape — applied this change to whole document.
(2) Then moved down to a following section in the page# 5 - and changed margins/height/width + changed orientation back to Portrait — applied this change only to that section.
(3) Then moved down to a following section in the page# 9 - and changed margins/height/width + changed orientation back to Landscape — applied this change to “From this point Onwards” from that section onwards.
(4) Then moved down to a following section in the page# 16 - and changed margins/height/width + changed orientation back to Landscape — applied this change only to that section.
So totally done 4 page setup changes to the Target document.*
Aspose_Compare_Result.docx — then Aspose API generated this document with just 2 revisions.
- MS_Word_Compare_Result.docx — but MS Word generated only 1 revision…
So Aspose comparison is better than MS Word comparison in this test case!
Aspose compare API is working fine for most page setup changes, but for multiple page setup changes within the same document, it is not giving desired results.
But still in this test case, i would expect 4 revisions to be reported by Aspose API…
Can you please look into this?