Word document contents spillling onto two pages

Hello,

I have a word document that has a table which is overlapping the footer of the document. When I open this document using Aspose.Words.Document this table has moved onto a second page. Is there any way I can force the content of a document onto a single page?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document for testing? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Also, note that Word documents are flow documents and do not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages. That is why there is no way to determine whether content overflows the page or not using Aspose.Words.

Best regards.

I have looked at this issue further and found that it only occurs when I convert the word document to pdf using Aspose.Pdf . I have attached both the word document and the pdf. Thanks.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. The problem occurs because you are using floating table in your document. If you specify Text Wrapping of table to None, all will work fine.

Currently there is two methods to convert the document to PDF.

Direct conversion (without using Aspose.Pdf). In case of using direct conversion method, this is issue #6898 in our defect database.

Issue #6898 - Support floating table positioning

Legacy conversion (Aspose.Words+Aspose.Pdf). In case of using legacy conversion this is issue #1001 in our defect database.

Issue #1001 - Add support for ‘text wrapping around’ in word2pdf

I will notify you as soon as these issues are fixed.

Best regards.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for getting that to me. I am in the process of testing at the moment.

Hi,

I have tested this and the table positioning is now correct.

However while testing I noticed a problem with the location of text boxes and images in the word document being moved to the top of the pdf document.

Please see sample documents attached.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. The problem occurs because text wrapping is not supported during converting to PDF. Only Inline with Text, Above Text and Below Text are supported at the moment. All other wrapping will be supported later.

As a workaround, you can try using inline shapes.

There are two issues regarding this problem in our defect database. the issue #1001 (for legacy method) and the issue #7180 (for new method).

I will notify you as soon as these issues are fixed.

Best regards.

Thanks for the workaround. However, unfortunately these documents need to be converted ‘as is’ without modifying them. Would it be possible for you to give me an estimated time as to when this issue will be fixed? Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to give you any reliable estimate regarding this problem at current stage. You will be notified as soon as these issues are resolved.

Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 1001) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(129)