Word document to PDF conversion throws exception "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object." using .NET

The error we are getting is an Aspose error. What does the error mean?

what version of .net are you running?

The error happens in the GetPageStartOfSections() methd. The error is returned on the Aspose method doc.UpdateFields() call.

Attached is another file that gives us the same error.
John

We tried supressing the error however it produced incorrect results. . The function that causes the error is what actually enables the code to determine the page number.

Adam,
Just an FYI, the version before 11.6 works fine. We are only having this issue with the latest version. We need the latest version becuase it fixes a formatting issue we were having.
John

this is what we need, however we cannot get it working on our side. We are win7 on 64 bit using .net 4.0, aspose.word 11.6.1

I uploaded another file that is giving us the same error. We tried supressing the error.

It is an Aspose error so there is not much we can do on our side.

If need to figure out what is different between your setup and mine.

this is what we need, however we cannot get it working on our side. We are win7 on 64 bit using .net 4.0, aspose.word 11.6.1

I uploaded another file that is giving us the same error. We tried supressing the error.

It is an Aspose error so there is not much we can do on our side.

we need to figure out what is different between your setup and mine.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. I’m not quite sure why neither of us could before. I have logged a new issue in our data base for this as WORDSNET-6779.

We will inform you as soon as there is an ETA for a fix.

Thanks,

Can I move this to priority support? This is a big issue in that it did not happen with previous versions of Aspose.word.
Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for your query. The support level of this issue WORDSNET-6779 is already Priority Support. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue has been resolved and will be available in next release of Aspose.Words.

We appreciate your patience.

Thank you!
Is there anyway to get a hotfix? Do you have an estimate whent he next release will be available?

Hi John,

Thanks for your query. The next release of Aspose.Words will be available at the end of this (August) month.

Thanks for the help. Will this also fix the issue I’m having with the code freezing when extracting page numbers? Please see my post “Aspose freezes when determining page numbers for a section”
John

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding your question about ‘Aspose freezes when determining page numbers for a section’ post, I have already answered it here in this post. Please follow this thread for further proceedings from now onwards.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6779) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.