Word document with a Chart

Hi,

I’ve got a few questions with regards to a Chart object (OLE) in a Word document:

1. What is the resulting object that I get in code for an (Inline)Shape that is basically a Microsoft Chart? I would expect that exact class, but maybe it is an Aspose class?

2. Can I use Aspose.Cells in Visual Basic 6? And if so, are the methods and functions the same as in .NET?

3. Is it possible to edit the Chart in Word with standard Office functionality, but manipulate the Chart object later in another program with Aspose.Cells?

Thanks for any information!

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

1. If you extract OLE object using Aspose.Words, you get just raw bytes of the extracted OLE object.

2. You should ask this question in Aspose.Cells forum.

3. There is no way to edit OLE objects inside MS Word documents using Aspose.Words.

Please let me know if you nee more information, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Ad 1. Do you mean an array of bytes, i.e. byte[]? I would expect either the proper OLE class or otherwise the Aspose equivalent.

Ad 2. Will do.

Hi

Thanks for your request.

1. There can be two kinds of charts in MS Word documents: OLE charts and OOXML charts. OLE charts are created using third-party applications and then embedded into the document. So to edit these charts you need the application, which was used to create it. For example for editing Excel charts inside MS Word documents you need to have Excel installed. Editing of such kind of charts is probably impossible to implement in Aspose.Words.

OOXML charts are kind of native MS Word charts, but they are supported only in DOCX format. But at the moment Aspose.Words does not supports OOXML charts.

1. You can manipulate charts in MS Word, but you cannot manipulate charts using Aspose.Words.

Best regards.

Hello,

In the forums I found another (old) thread which seems to address this same issue:

msfaiz posted an example there to extract the olestream from a powerpoint presentation (Aspose.Slides)
and then uses the stream to open an Aspose.Cells Workbook.

Earlier in the thread they mention the Aspose.Words.OleFormat which supposedly would be able to do the same thing.

With the limitation that the OLE chart should be an Excel Chart, is there any reason why that approach would not work (anymore)?

Best regards.

Hello

Thanks for your request. Inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported by Aspose.Words. You can access OLE objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6001) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(37)