Word DOCX to PDF - The content of the header get under the actual content of the first page

So my docx has a header on first page only and contains a logo and a small table. When converted to PDF the header content is placed underneath the actual content of the first page.
When converting using MS Word the page content and the rest of the document is pushed further down, hence making space for the header content.
Are there any options or setting controlling this behavior ? Please help.
Using latest version of Aspose.Word for .NET v22.3.0

@andersalvsaker Could you please attach your input document and output PDF here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

16238677_2_0.docx (115.4 KB)
16238677_2_0.pdf (188.5 KB)

Thank you for investigating this issue

@andersalvsaker Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem on my side. It has been logged as WORDSNET-23637. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

Thank you very much. When can I expect a fix for this issue? Just your guess

@andersalvsaker This depend on the issue complexity. Once the issue is analyzed we will be able t provide you more information.

Hello Alexey,
Any update on this issue ?

@andersalvsaker We have finished analyzing the issue. Unfortunately, the issue occurs because text wrapping around floaters is not supported by Aspose.Words layout engine. Your issue has been postponed till this feature is implemented.

There is a wrapped table in the document header. MS Word wraps a couple of empty paragraphs around it, placing them below the table. It increases the header height significantly.
In Aspose.Words layout those empty paragraphs are allowed to stay behind the floating table, and the header is much shorter. Because of that, a floating table in the main text is positioned higher in Aspose.Words layout, and it overlaps the floating table in the header.

Making all tables in the header inline should work around the issue.

Hi Alexey, is there any progress in Aspose.Word regarding the support of text wrapping around floaters ?

@andersalvsaker Currently we plan to start work on this feature in September-October 2022. But since the feature is not documented and MS Word behavior is not predictable, we cannot provide you an estimate when this work will be finished.
We will keep you updated and will be sure to inform you once it is implemented.

Thank you for your quick feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23637) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.5 update also available on NuGet.

1 Like