Word: Excessive revisions number for minor change in table

Hi!

I created Word document containing one table (f1.docx). Then I splitted one of the cells and saved modified document as f2.docx. Latest Aspose.Words for .NET 16.11.0 library shows me 15 revisions (8 insertions and 7 deletions) between these docs, whereas Word v.2010 compare shows 2 revisions (1 insertion and 1 format change).

Would you please take a look and try to remove extra revisions. Or suggest a workaround at least.

Thanks & regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After an initial test with Aspose.Words 16.11.0, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. MS Word 2016 and Aspose.Words 16.11.0 both say that there are 0 revisions in these documents. We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. Hope, this helps.
http://www.aspose.com/downloads/words/net

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I removed and and re-added Aspose.Words 16.11.0.0 to the project. Then I retried the test case, using code below

License asposeLicense = new License();
asposeLicense.SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.lic”);

Document doc1 = new Document(@“C:\test\f1.docx”);
Document doc2 = new Document(@“C:\test\f2.docx”);
doc1.Compare(doc2, “user”, new DateTime());

Debug.WriteLine(“Revisions: {0}”, doc1.Revisions.Count);

and got revisions count = 15 again. What could be wrong?

Hi Max,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14435. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14435) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 16.12.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 16.12.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.