Word field with formula not being updated

I have a Word field which looks like this:

{ = { SECTION } -4 }

Just before saving the document, I issue

document.UpdateTableLayout();
document.UpdatePageLayout();
document.UpdateFields();

I have tried varying the order of the above, but it always ends up with the number “1” as the result of the field.

Is there something else that I have to do?

Thanks
I am using Aspose.Words Version 14.12.0.0

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have attached one of my tests. If you change the number of sections and then provide it to Aspose.Words and UpdateFields (and the other two methods), then I hope you will see what I mean.

The way it is at the moment, it has had the UpdatePageLayout() and UpdateFields() applied, but the { ={ SECTION} - 4 } is -4 instead of 0, and { SECTION } is 1 and it should be 4.

Kind regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12998. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12998) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.