Word for Reporting services

Received : 2007/11/29 09:58:01
Message : Hi, I would like to ask you if it is possible install Word for Reporting services to computer with OS Microsoft Windows Server 2003. when we installed it to this comp, export to rtf, doc and all other did not work. If we have been installed it to windows XP it works normally. Thanks for your answer
Martin Teplicky
Allyn International services

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

We tested AWRS in Windows Server 2003 some time ago so it works. Dmitry will reply here soon and help you resolve the issue. The installer copies a dll to the SSRS directories and updates a couple of configuration files (one to make SSRS know about AWRS and another to let AWRS load and execute). These steps can also be performed or verified manually, see AWRS documentation for that. There are also logs in SSRS that can be enanbled and viewed to see why the renderer does not load or does not start.

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your request. I don't think that this problem has to do with the version of OS, it's rather something related to the specific machine configuration. Could you please:

1. Restart IIS.
  2. Locate the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\\Reporting Services\LogFiles directory and attach a couple of the most recent .log files to your post? This would clarify the cause of the problem I believe.