We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word header badly rendered

Hi,

I'm currently facing a strange behaviour while converting a .doc file to PDF, using both my own code and yours (Aspose.Words Rendering Demo).

Indeed, the header seems to be rendered as "vertically compressed", and it's not exactly the result I expected ! I use Aspose.Words intensively and I never had such an error until now.

Have you already faced some similar behaviour ?

I attached three files in a zip: input Word .doc file, .pdf output and a .png rendering snapshot made with your demo solution.

Thanks a lot for your help

Btd

Hi Bertrand,


Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7115. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your follow-up.

It's really a big issue for me and I would greatly appreciate if you can give me some more details, like a resolution status, or an estimated date for it ?

Again, thanks a lot

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,


Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently this issue is in development phase. We’re expecting to include this fix in our next release (v 11.10.0); however, this estimate is not final at the moment. We’ll let you know as soon as we make some progress or resolve the issue completely. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you very much for these details. I'll wait for more news.

Regards,

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,


Thanks for your inquiry. We will keep you informed of the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hi,

We have made some tests on the original Word document, and maybe the results could help your teams.

We performed some copy/paste actions, trying to get the data from the header and to copy it to a new blank page in the document. The results are as follow:

* the result of pasting was the same as your doc->pdf conversion: some blocks of text on top of each other.

* the pasting action created some frames, with the text blocs inside them, each of these blocks having a different style (Normal, Title 1, Title 2, ...)

So we suppose the issue may be linked with mixing styles in the header. Maybe it can help you guys, if you haven't already performed such analysis.

Regards,

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,


Thanks for the additional information. Our development team has already identified the root cause of your problem and your issue is currently in development phase. We’re hopeful that the fix of your issue will be implemented within next couple of releases. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as your issue is resolved. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you very much for these great news !

We stay tuned.

Regards,

Btd

Hi Bertrand,


Thanks for your patience. Good news for you is that your issue (WORDSNET-7115) has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.10.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (November’ 30, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best Regards,

Hi,

What a great news ! Thanks a lot for your following, we'll wait for the release date.

Best reagrds,

Btd

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7115) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.