Word Opening In 'Compatibilty' Mode / Save as .dot ?!

Hi,
I appear to be having two issues at the moment I hope someone can help with.
Firstly, what I am trying to achieve is to generate a .dot file from aspose that I can open in Word without it kicking into compatibility mode. The reason is that within my application the files generated are processed using word interop dlls which perform mailmerge operations, and also open and save changes to the word files (legacy functionality). Generating a base .dot file from Word or the interop dll allows me to perform these operations, and then when opening in Word itself it is not in the compatibility mode. In moving to Aspose, as we have a third party company that generates documents using Aspose I need to generate a .dot (and .doc) file that I can open (not in read-only compatibility mode) that can then be used by these interop dlls.
The basic code snip below seems to not work. I fully understand I am new to Aspose and may be overlooking some basic flags or something that need setting but I have not been able to find such references.

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document();
Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder builder = new Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.Writeln("Test Dot Document!");
doc.Save(this.txtCreateFile.Text, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Dot);

Is there a way of creating a document that will open in word without compatibility mode? Also it seems that although the SaveFormat is specified as .Dot that the format being saved is .Doc as the mailmerge functionality within word is also disabled. Is there a way to save a document as a valid .Dot?
Any assistance, insight, would be grateful.

Hello
Thanks for your request. It seems it is expected behavior, because if you try creating/saving the same document from scratch using MS Word you will get the same result.
Best regards,