Word Quick Parts are not converted

Hello Guys,
I’m using the latest version of Aspose .Net Total. I’m
also using SharePoint 2010 with Nintex Workflow 2010 and SharePoint 2012 with
Nintex Workflow 2013. I’ve got two Nintex Workflows: The first Workflow copies
metadata from one SharePoint Library to another (). The second Workflow (uses
Aspose) converts a Word-File into a PDF-File.

After
conversion I still see the placeholders and not the replaced data. Here is my Source Code:

private void ConvertWordFileToPdfa(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext, NWWorkflowContext context, SPListItem sourceItem) {
Aspose.Words.Document
documentWord = new Aspose.Words.Document(sourceItem.File.OpenBinaryStream());
documentWord.Save(@"c:\file.docx");
…

I’ve tried
to convert the Word-File into bmp, txt, pdf… I’ve also used the UpdateFields() method. But
it did not work.
As
Workaround I’m using Word Automation Services. The WAS is able to convert the
Word-File correctly. Which means there must be a bug in Aspose Words.
If I open the Word-File (I see the replaced data correctly), then save it immediately, and close it immediately (without any changes), then convert the file. The file is converted correctly.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your 1) input Word document, 2) output PDF file showing the undesired behaviour and 3) code you’re using to replace ‘place holders’ with data for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais Hafeez,

I’ve added a zip file with screen shoots with the files you have requested.

Thank you for your support

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Perhaps you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words 13.5.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.5.0. You can download it from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Thx. It works with the new version. I’ve just changed the DLL and redeployed the Solution. It worked immediately.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback. It is perfect that the latest version of Aspose.Words resolves your problem. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. We’re always glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hi,
it seems that Date-Fields are not converted correctly. The word file contains e. g. 25.7 the converted PDF file contains 5.6 which not the same value.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Thomas:
it seems that Date-Fields are not converted correctly. The word file contains e. g. 25.7 the converted PDF file contains 5.6 which not the same value.

But, there are no DATE fields in your “Demofile.docx” document which you attached to this post. Please attach the Word/PDF documents you’re getting this problem with here for testing. I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi guys, there you go:
SharePoint-List:
Date1: 25.07.2013
Date2: 21.07.2013 22:40
Word-File:
Date1: 25.07.2013
Date2: 21.07.2013 22:40:00
PDF-File:
2013-07-24T
22:00 :00+00:00
2013-07-21
T20:40 :00+00:00
=> date1 is wrong!
=> Date1 is not a date-time field. Its only a date field (without time).
=> Date2 is wrong!v

I’ve used Aspose PDF 8.2.0 (the latest version at the moment).

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8654. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Support,
are there any news?
Regards

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have a good news for you that the fix to WORDSNET-8654 will be included in the next release of Aspose.Words (13.8.0). The next version of Aspose.Words is planned to be released by the end of current month. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the new release of Aspose.Words is published.

Best regards,

Hello Aspose Support,
when will the new release be available?
Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The next release of Aspose.Words is due out in a couple of days (next week). We will inform you via this thread as soon as it’s published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8654) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.