Word Rendering

Hello,

I am just following up an earlier enquiry, re:

It was mentioned that at the beginning of this year, the newly released Word rendering support would be released. I was wondering how this effort was going, and if there is any progress reports / betas / tests that we would be able to look at?

Thanks very much,

-David

Hi David,
We appreciate your interest.
I can give you a brief progress report.
Currently we work on rendering tables. Apart from that, there is still lists and floating shapes to support in rendering. Characters, lines, paragraphs, pages, columns, sections, inline images are all working very well in the new renderer.
Overall, work on rendering was delayed several times due to other important features that had to be put through. For example, DOCX export and import had its impact on rendering work.
I don’t feel comfortable releasing betas of new rendering yet as it will require even more resources from us and can therefore delay work even further.
Beginning of this year is still a valid estimate, although the release will not happen tomorrow.

Thanks very much for the quick response. If you have any news of beta’s, I would be more than interested in hearing about them.

Thanks,

-David

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet