Word saveAs HTML fails

Hello, I just downloaded the 30-day trial and I ran into an issue trying to convert a Word document into html.
I get a generic "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error.

My code is simple, shown below:
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Document(file);
string outputFilename = @"C:\Users\CW\Desktop\Aspose.html";

doc.Save(@outputFilename);

I was able to convert a different file with no issues, but the one (attached) gives me this error.

Do you know what would cause this?
Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not Aspose support, but the code you wrote should work. Please check the path to your file (the doc file). It seems to me that your doc variable is null at the time when you call Save().

I use code like yours often and it works fine. :-)

HTH!

Thanks for the reply!

It is definitely something with the way Aspose is handling the .docx file - I know it’s processing the file because it spit out two png’s, but then failed somewhere along the way. (the .html file is zero bytes)

I should add that I’m using the latest version (14.2.1.0).

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same exception on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of your issue is WORDSNET-9938. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9938) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.