Word Sections

1. How can I create a word document with a table of contents and header styles for sections (not the object model sections) so that they appear as 1, 1.2, 1.2.3 etc in a document?

2. Can I also do the reverse? Ie read each of the word sections (marked by a style, not the Document.Sections property as only 1 appears in the document)

3. Is there an expected date for the DocumentBuilder.InsertHTML to support tables?

1. I don’t think it is possible to programmatically apply numbered heading styles. I will log this as a feature request, but I cannot give an expected a delivery date at this stage.
  2. I’m not sure what do you mean “read a word section”, but you might wish to explore the IDocumentVisitor interface. The documentation is a bit scarce for it, but have a look in the forums for code examples and what it can be used for. You can use it to find fragments of text marked with a certain style.
  3. InsertHTML supports HTML tables. Some elements or attributes might not be fully supported, you can check this post and the spreadsheet for exact information https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/release-notes/