We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word table cell orientation and SaveToPdf

I'm using a document visitor to manipulate our Word 2007 templates and then convert them to PDF. Some of the tables have cells with vertical text (usually TextOrientation.Upward). I've confirmed the orientation in VisitCellStart(...), however, the conversion to PDF doesn't honor this setting.

I've tested this with my templates as well as a new Doc file with a simple test table in it. Neither orients text properly upon conversion. The result is that what should be narrow columns are much wider and the table extends off the page.

I'm using Aspose.Words 6.3.

Will this be implemented soon or is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Heath

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Text direction in table cells is not yet supported during converting to PDF. This is the issue #6840 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards.

Hi,

Is there any update on this feature? We need this in one of our project and I am testing this with Aspose.Words 8 (for .net).

Thanks

Thanmal.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issue is unresolved yet. Text direction in table cells will be supported in the beginning of 2010. I will notify you as soon as this feature is supported.

Best regards.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please keep posted. Is it fair to assume that this might be available sometime before March 2010?

Hi

Thanks for your request. I think, this feature will be available at the end of January or at the beginning of February.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6840) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(42)