Word to Pdf Conversion - Bookmark hyperlinks are not seen if zoom level is around 200%

Hi,

I am trying to convert a word document with headings and TOC to pdf. The TOC gets converted into appropriate bookmarks of the pdf document. But the hyperlink on the pdf TOC will not work if the zoom is set to 200%. The hyperlink basically won’t zoom when the page is zoomed-in. With 200% of zoom in the page, the hyperlink works only in the left half of the page.

Code used:
Document msword = new Document(f.getPath());
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
saveOptions.setBookmarksOutlineLevel(OutlineLevel.LEVEL_8);
saveOptions.setHeadingsOutlineLevels(OutlineLevel.LEVEL_8);
saveOptions.setExpandedOutlineLevels(OutlineLevel.LEVEL_4);
msword.save(file.getPath(), saveOptions);

Version used: aspose-words-15.6.0

Please suggest how to get the hyperlinks working at zoom level more than 100%.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Manohar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir Manzoor,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Please find the attached zip document containing the word and converted pdf and the code used for conversion.

Thanks and Regards,
Manohar

Hi Manohar,

Thanks
for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue. This issue issue also does not appear in your shared sample.pdf. Please move the cursor a little above the dotted line (…) and check the hyperlink.

Hi Tahir Manzoor,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am able to simulate the issue consistently. It could be that we are verifying the issue on different versions of Pdf reader.
Also I would like to mention that the issue is simulated in the TOC page when the document zoom is set to 200%(the hyperlink is no).
Please find below the details of the reader I am using:

"Adobe Reader X"
Version: 10.1.14.11
More details found on the reader:
AGM Version: 4.21.34
CoolType Version: 5.8.127
Core Version: 10.270
JP2K Version: 2.0.0.32118
ADM Version: 10.01x11

Also please share the reader details you have used so that I can verify the issue on the same.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Manohar G.N.

Hi Manohar,

Thanks

for your inquiry. I am using “Adobe Reader XI”. On further testing, I have noticed that when zoom level is 200% and move the cursor over hyperlink, the hyperlink is not available for lower part of text. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12203. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir Manzoor,

Thanks for the quick reply and your support. I will wait for further updates on the thread.

Regards,
Manohar G.N.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12203) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.